Reactive high-tech sealant that forms a hydrophobic nano network that is extremely resistant to chemicals and abrasion, providing a lasting seal on all glass, mirror and ceramic surfaces. The resulting lotus effect reduces adhesion of environmental dirt, insects, ice, etc. and thereby delivers an easy-to-clean surface. Using the product on motor vehicle windscreens leads to a significant reduction in wiper usage and improved visibility in case of rain thanks to unique repellent behaviour, whereby raindrops are carried away by the airstream at speeds of approx. 80 km/h or more. Durability: up to one year or 20,000 km. Set contents: 250 ml each of polishing milk and nano sealant.
Directions For Use:
Cleaning glass surfaces:
- Glass must be carefully cleaned prior to treatment with glass nano sealant (component 2) in order to allow perfect chemical bonding to the surface.
- Clean windscreens with Glas Star until they are free of residues; in case of very stubborn dirt, clean with mild cleaning clay first. 2.
- To activate the windscreen and remove glass corrosion, the surface must be cleaned thoroughly with polishing milk (component 1). Shake vigorously before each use.
- Apply polishing milk to the glass surface with a microfibre polishing pad (item no. 999308) at a low speed if applying by machine, or with a microfibre hand polishing pad (item no. 999291) if applying manually, and rub it into the surface in a thin layer for several minutes
- Buff vigorously until the surface feels smooth and a dry film is formed. Special care must be taken when carrying out this process on older windscreens, as the upper, corroded layer of glass must be completely removed in order to ensure perfect cross-linking.
- Do not apply to plastics and rubber (risk of white residues). Then, polish the abrasive residue off with clean, dry paper towels (item no. 999552/999553) until no residue remains.
- To avoid interfering with the cross-linking, do not touch the windscreen with bare fingers/hands after this stage (use disposable gloves).
- Use an acidic cleaner (e.g. bathroom cleaner with a limescale-removal formula) to thoroughly clean the ceramic surfaces that are to be treated
- Rinse with water and dry thoroughly.
- Do not use polishing milk, as the tile alloy may be removed and white residues may form in the gaps.