Strong anti-adhesion properties
Water mark resistant
Good hydrophobic function
This product has been specifically formulated to minimise adhesion of foreign objects on race cars.
Unlike the version 1 of Aero Coat, v2 has good durability on road cars too. It will typically last 2 years on a regularly driven car.
C0v2 offers great gloss, good hydrophobicity (110 degrees), some swirl resistance (6h), is water mark resistant and can be applied to paint, gel coat, vinyl, rims and trim.
Please note that compared to our other coatings (C1, Crystal Serum LIght and EXO), C0v2 is relatively hard to apply. The product itself is quite viscous and requires considerably more effort when removing residue. And we also recommend that you have available no fewer than 10 new MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloths available to remove residue.
C0v2 can be applied as a "stand-alone" coating or as a top coating for C1, Crystal Serum Light or Crystal Serum.
Directions for use:
- Ensure that you have sufficient product to coat your vehicle. For cars up to and including a BMW 5 series saloon, 30ml is sufficient but for full sized cars including 4x4s and SUVs you will need the larger 50ml bottle
- Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 5 degrees Celsius, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 3 hours after application
- When applying the product always wear gloves to prevent C0v2 coming into contact with your skin
- Dab product onto the application pad
- Replace the lid on the bottle and set aside - do not keep the bottle in your hand as this promotes premature curing
- Change the application pad after 3 to 4 applications of areas no bigger than half a car bonnet. If you do not do this, you will feel the coating becoming sticky when applying, this makes it extremely difficult to buff
- The coating forms an almost immediate reaction with the paint/fibreglass molecules it comes into contact with. Reaction time of C0v2 is temperature and humidity dependent – for normal room temperature at around 50 percent humidity, we recommend buffing between 30 and 60 seconds afterwards
- You may need to buff the same area several times to remove residue. We recommend using two microfibre cloths at any one time. Please note that you are only removing excess product
- Avoid buffing with too much force as this can spoil the surface you are protecting, and you may also drag the partially cured coating off the surface
- Take care that the microfibre cloths you are using are rotated sufficiently and quickly so that C0v2 does not partially cure in the cloth, this will make buffing residue significantly more difficult
- If you miss removing residue and it cures fully, you should re-polish this area, and reapply C0v2
- As soon as you finish put the microfibres in water and wash and dry them as soon as possible, otherwise C0v2 will crystallise in the cloth
- Allow the coating to cure for at least 12 hours before it gets wet